Monday, May 5, 2014

Change, why don’t you?

A lot of people complain about a lot of things, their weight, their jobs, their depression, their unhealthy habits, their clothes and personal style, their houses, their lives,…. And all they ever do is complaining! Are they really unhappy, I usually ask myself? If yes, why they don’t change. Is it so hard? I am guessing Yes, considering the number of unhappy and complaining friends and acquaintances I have.


Fortunately, I have learned something early on. I can change, if I’m unhappy, if something doesn’t work out, if a plan is not giving the result I want… I can change it, I can change my course of action, I can change myself, my lifestyle, my eating habits, my city, my job, my major. It is better than repeating the same old unsatisfying things over and over and expecting a better or a different result.
And yes, change is hard. It is scary, risky and most often requires a leap of faith and a lot of effort. However comparing to eternal unhappiness some people go through, I prefer to take that risk, to show myself that I’ve looked at all my options and to give myself the opportunity to grow and to become a better happier person. 

For me “change” is exploring new and undiscovered aspects of myself. If something doesn’t work, change it! Why shouldn’t you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment