Saturday, May 17, 2014

Make it happen!

There was once a nice god-loving guy who prayed every night: “God, please let me win the lottery!” After a long long life, the guy died and went to heavens. He saw the God and said: “I loved you and I was a good person. I prayed every night but I never won the lottery”. God said:” You never bought a lotto ticket!”

Regardless of your belief system (either God, Goddess, Gods, Nirvana, Faith, the Universe or what-have-you), you need to take a few steps before the deity of your choice can make your prayers and wishes come true. I can spend my whole life praying for my perfect job but if I don’t send out resumes, I will never find it because no one knows such an accomplished professional exist (yeah, me! I’m no humble!). Another person can wish his whole life for becoming a champion runner but if he doesn’t start running and practicing, he never will be one. A woman might wish for the perfect life partner but if she doesn’t go out and meet people, no one would know she even exists… and so on and so forth.

So to achieve whatever you are looking for and wishing for and praying for, you need to first get busy and do your part, take a few steps in the right direction, make a little effort and lay down the ground work (so to speak), keep your hopes up and think positive thoughts and you will receive it. 

Make it Happen!

Well, hopefully you will! At least you did your part and the God (or whoever your go to guy is) won’t have an excuse then! That’s what I keep telling myself when I’m sending out resumes (read that line about accomplished professional)!

No comments:

Post a Comment